What you can do to Take Action on Violence Against Women:
- Take action to change women’s lives by sending an email your MP
- Talk to your MP about violence against women on December 3, our National Action Day on Violence Against Women
- Wear the Rose button
- Speak up about violence in your community
- Encourage people who commit violence to get help
- Teach girls to protect and empower themselves
- Raise children who can resolve conflict without violence
- Make sure your home, workplace and community are safe for women and girls
- Speak out against negative media images of women and girls
- Promote women’s economic and political equality
- Support organizations that work to end violence against women
- Donate your time and support the cause
- Order Rose buttons for resale to support your local women’s shelter and support services centre
As part of our commitment to end violence against women and children, YWCA Canada has been the national distributor of the Rose Button since 1991. To date, YWCA Canada has distributed over 450,000 Rose Buttons to schools, shelters, social and government agencies, socially responsible corporations and individuals across Canada.
Want to show your support?
Take action on violence against women by making Rose Buttons, bookmarks and brochures available to your employees, clients, community partners and stakeholders. The Rose Button Campaign is a great fundraising opportunity for groups and organizations that support anti-violence programs and services. Purchase the buttons for 50 cents each and sell them for $1.00 or more.
Want to place an order?
To place an order, visit the Online Mall. For further information, you can also contact YWCA Canada at: