When you have gaps between your teeth or you have lost a tooth due to decay, infection, or accident, you can replace lost or gapped teeth using a natural-looking prosthetic apparatus, known as dental bridges.
Dental bridges are the most current and best solution for replacing teeth that are missing or which have to be removed. Fused between two porcelain crowns, a dental bridge not only helps you get a perfect and complete grin but also restores your ability to eat and appear ordinary. <–more!–>
Gone are the days when people with poor dental structure and unattractive smile didn’t have any solutions and they have to live with stained, chipped misaligned, or cracked teeth. These days, a wide variety of aesthetic dental treatments are available that can fix everything from minor flaws in the grin to tooth discoloration, cracked or missing teeth, and unevenly spaced teeth.
From implants, porcelain veneers, and bridges to tooth-colored fillings, patients may select plenty of dental solutions to restore the vitality of the smile and total oral health.
Dental Bridges are known as false tooth or teeth (pontic) to create a gorgeous, healthy, and more aesthetically pleasing smile. These prosthetics are used in cosmetic dentistry to “bridge” the openings where a tooth or teeth are either lost or eliminated.
Made of two caps, called crowns, and an artificial tooth, a dental bridge is permanently fixed to abutment teeth that are on every side of the false tooth.
Over the last few decades, this decorative dental appliance has undergone a transformation, as a result of cutting-edge dental technology, including the computerized x-rays along with the revolutionary 3D imagery & CAD-CAM system.
Cosmetic dental specialists now can quickly create accurate dental restorations, such as abutments, complete crowns, dental pubs, implant bridges, and inlays / onlays, which are more durable and have a more natural and agreeable appearance.
There are three main types of dental bridges:
Traditional bridges: made from porcelain or porcelain fused to metal, these prosthetics are fixed and unlike removable partial dentures, you cannot take them from your mouth.
Cantilever bridges: This kind of bridge is used when only one abutment tooth encircles the open space.
Maryland secured bridges: Also referred to as a resin-bonded bridge, this bridge is primarily used for front teeth. It’s a good choice when the abutment teeth are healthy, powerful, and do not have large fillings.
- With the most recent advancements in dental technology and cosmetic dentistry, installing a bridge is an easy procedure now.
- It’s a time-saving procedure, requiring only two visits to the dentist.
- Bridges are natural in appearance.
- They help maintain your facial tone and prevent facial musculature changes.
- They give you a healthy, delightful, well-aligned smile as well as help correct bite issues and even improve your ability to talk properly.
- Your gum efficiency is raised since the forces on your bite are equally distributed after the installation of bridges.
- Bridges are less invasive and less expensive compared to dental implants or some other restorative dental process.
- Your static bridge should last as much as ten years or more, albeit it needs a dedication to serious oral hygiene.
- It is likely that your teeth become sensitive to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, to get a couple of weeks after the treatment.
- Acidic food may lead to a build-up of germs on your gums and teeth can get infected in the absence of appropriate oral hygiene.
- Smoking may cause complications, as it accelerates bacterial growth.
- Poor oral hygiene can aggravate the failure of dental bridges.
- The cemented bridge might become loose or collapse.
- A dental bridge demands the elimination of natural tooth structure in both anchor teeth.
VISIT THE DENTIST REGULARLY
In regards to improving your smile, the importance of honoring your dental appointments can’t be denied. You should also get help immediately in the event of jaw pain, swelling, bleeding, or a toothache. Get a dental bridge at Foote Dental. Visit this website for more information.
This list is by no means exhaustive. There are many more ways through which you can ensure good oral health and achieve a healthy smile. At Foote Family Dental Care, we provide quality dental services to assist you to get the smile of your dreams. If you aren’t satisfied with your smile, follow these five tips or contact us now to chat about improving its own display. Our friendly staff will be delighted to help you.